» A Blast From The Past.......
by Gyorg Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm

» UGH That ONE Friend! >.<
by Gyorg Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Ideas

Go down

Ideas

Post by Zelda on Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 am

1) Read the rules and regulations BEFORE asking questions.

We have had this problem before. We were pretty sure that, after joining a new group, people would naturally go to the places were the rules and regulations were posted. However, we have also found that people will join, not say anything or talk to anybody for a long time, then ask questions regarding rules. Worst yet, some of them break the rules, then when we talk to them, they say they didn't know it.

Yes, it is okay to ask questions, but it seems that we are answering the same questions over and over again. So, do you have any ideas on how to get people to read before asking?

2) Become more active.

I love working on guild stuff, planning stuff for the guild, making images, talking to guild members. However, I find that I am the only one that does so. While I do have my 3 people that I can count on to come on whenever I need them to, it is hard to keep people active without begging them.

I do understand that real life takes precedence over guild stuff. How? Because I have a life too, you know! I have 2 part-time jobs one of which requires music to be arranged which takes me hours to finish, I go to college (studying pharmacy so I have a lot of labs), I help out at home, I have a boyfriend. I tend to sleep only 5-6 hours a day. Note to self: this is probably why you're so tired, lol

There are months where I will disappear due to finals and homework as well as hours at work that I must be away from my own computer. I can't get online at my boyfriend's house (the wifi thingy says I have limited connectivity).

So yes, I understand that thing called life...

Which reminds me...SHOUT OUT TO MIDNA!!! I understand why Midna is not being very active right now. She has an exciting yet busy life at the moment.

...but how can we get people to participate more and be active more?

Any ideas?
Zelda
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas

Post by Zelda on Wed May 18, 2011 8:09 pm

I just noticed too that the description under royals decrees says to read there first. Plus the fact that it's at the very top of the forum makes me think that people should naturally gravitate to it.
Zelda
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 am

Advertise. Let people know the site exists.

To be honest I find it a nightmare to navigate. I would put chat above the mailboxes, because I always forget it exists. Allow people to post anywhere in the roleplay boards. Also move the URLs to where the information is from to a credits/disclaimer box, they look a little untidy.

Custom skin. If i was a guest I wouldn't know what the site was about from the current one, and I would not be left with a good impression simply because it's a premade. Sure, they're handy, but they're not a good attention grabber. I've never skinned for this host before, but if I can manage IPB I think I can do anything. Let me have a look at the skinning options and I can rustle something up.

recent forum layouts and a wip so you know that I know what I'm doing.

Send an activity reminder e-mail, but don't berate people. Like you said, we have lives. I'm currently in Japan and I get like three hours max of free time every day. And yeah, lots of other stuff to do. There's nothing you can do to make people read the rules, unfortunately, but if there was a quick link to all the important information somewhere in the sidebar that'd be really handy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda on Thu May 26, 2011 6:32 pm

plataea wrote:Advertise. Let people know the site exists.

To be honest I find it a nightmare to navigate. I would put chat above the mailboxes, because I always forget it exists. Allow people to post anywhere in the roleplay boards. Also move the URLs to where the information is from to a credits/disclaimer box, they look a little untidy.

So put Telma's Tavern above the Post Office, right? Maybe move the Post Office to Hyrule Castle instead so Telma's Tavern would be first under the Marketplace?

I don't really understand what's so hard to navigate about the site so could you expand on that? I figured rules first so people go there first, then places where they'd spend most of their time so the tavern, the mailboxes, the shops where they buy their weapons. Then special events. And finally, the RP board.

As for allowing people to post anywhere in the RP boards, no. They have to buy a map in order to do so. If they read the rules, they would know that and if they were active, they'd have enough rupees to buy the maps to each place so it wouldn't be a problem for them to buy maps in the first place. The guild didn't start as an RP guild and we're not a primary RP site anyway.

That's a good idea about the credits/disclaimer box. Thanks Din!

plataea wrote:Custom skin. If i was a guest I wouldn't know what the site was about from the current one, and I would not be left with a good impression simply because it's a premade. Sure, they're handy, but they're not a good attention grabber. I've never skinned for this host before, but if I can manage IPB I think I can do anything. Let me have a look at the skinning options and I can rustle something up.

Ooooh, thanks for the offer Din! I don't know how to make current skins so I don't do it, hee hee. I'll give you the power so you can do the skin for the site. Thanks again for the offer!

plataea wrote:Send an activity reminder e-mail, but don't berate people. Like you said, we have lives. I'm currently in Japan and I get like three hours max of free time every day. And yeah, lots of other stuff to do. There's nothing you can do to make people read the rules, unfortunately, but if there was a quick link to all the important information somewhere in the sidebar that'd be really handy.

That's also a good idea. I'll get to work on that and I'll ask Malon as well.
Zelda
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 27, 2011 8:05 am

Yeah, that's what I meant. And idk I've just always found it easier to navigate a site that tells you clearly what forum is for what in the title than those that use phrases or lyrics. Maybe if you put "Marketplace - General Chat!" or something I'd find it easier.

I also read the RP rules and I'm a bit lost. "Where do I buy the map?" "What board am I allowed to post in?" Perhaps put links to those specific places in the rules thread (unless they're there already and I'm blind).

I don't know if you allocated skin powers yet, 'cause if you did I can't find them. I made this scaffold though - thoughts? http://i54.tinypic.com/vsck9g.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda on Fri May 27, 2011 8:00 pm

plataea wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant. And idk I've just always found it easier to navigate a site that tells you clearly what forum is for what in the title than those that use phrases or lyrics. Maybe if you put "Marketplace - General Chat!" or something I'd find it easier.

Oh okay! I'll add that then!

plataea wrote:I also read the RP rules and I'm a bit lost. "Where do I buy the map?" "What board am I allowed to post in?" Perhaps put links to those specific places in the rules thread (unless they're there already and I'm blind).

Oh okay, the maps can be bought at the shops. And I believe you're right, I don't think I have specified exactly WHERE to buy them so I'll go ahead and do that as well.

plataea wrote:I don't know if you allocated skin powers yet, 'cause if you did I can't find them. I made this scaffold though - thoughts? http://i54.tinypic.com/vsck9g.jpg

Sorry Din, no I haven't. I looked and looked and tried everything yesterday, but I couldn't find how to do it. I asked Malon and she said she'll get on it as soon as she can. I'll keep looking though while she hasn't gotten on.
Zelda
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelda on Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 am

About that maps. I guess that's my fault. I assumed people would naturally go through all the posts when they first start since that's what I would do. Also, I figured that curiosity would take them to the place called "Shops". Hee hee,

But that's okay, I fixed it. It's not a part of the RP Rules and I have even put in links to Tingle's shop.

It's always good to have someone else go through to let you know what you have missed. Like that one!
Zelda
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyorg on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Here's an idea. Perhaps we could have more than one songs able to be played for background music...like a playlist. Perhaps this could be a sort of pop out miniature mp3 thingy. I know Playlist.com has something of this nature. I haven't gone to that website in a while.
Gyorg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum